March 22, 2020
As you are undoubtedly aware, the concerns and travel restrictions resulting from the coronavirus (COVID-19) have had a devastating effect on the hospitality industry. Similar to many of our colleagues, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all operations at Hotel Irvine, with the hope and expectation for us to re-open as soon as it is safe to do so. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation and communicate updates. Our website remains available for future planning, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Irvine.
March 18, 2020
The Orange County Health Officer has instructed the county to close all dine-in restaurants, bar options and public gatherings. Please be aware that effective immediately the following areas of the Hotel will be closed:
- EATS Restaurant & Bar
- Red Bar and Lounge
- Pool & Fitness Center
- Club 12
The following dining options are available to guests:
- Marketplace will remain open for daily to-go service only.
March 12, 2020
We recognize that you may have concerns or hesitations about traveling due to the latest news and information about COVID-19. On behalf of Hotel Irvine, I would like to share with you some of the steps we’re taking to assist our guests, clients and employees during these uncertain times.
First and foremost, please know that the safety and well-being of our guests and clients continue to be our top priority. From the very beginning of this situation, our property has increased its efforts to protect all who visit us. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning procedures in all areas of the hotel, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Placing hand sanitizers in key areas around the property, including our lobby, meeting spaces, and other public spaces.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don’t feel well for any reason.
We also regularly monitor updates from the CDC and the Orange County Health Care Agency, and are prepared to respond quickly based on their advice and recommendations.
According to the Orange County Public Health Care Agency, the risk of infection to the public in Orange County is believed to be low. Indeed, we are pleased to welcome guests to our hotel and our restaurants.
We understand the uncertainty brought on by current events and the hesitation you may have when booking a new reservation or when deciding whether to keep an existing reservation. To provide additional peace of mind, please note the following, applicable to all leisure travel reservations:
- All current and new reservations made directly with the hotel for stays through April 15, 2020, can be canceled without penalty up to 24 hours in advance.
- For reservations made via online travel agents or other third party travel professionals, please contact your booking provider for information on their policies.
- For reservations made as part of a group booking, please contact your meeting organizer for additional information on the event.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns you may have at 1.877.362.8566.
Thank you for your support and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest soon.